The quickest way to start and perform your workout:
- Tap the desired workout from the Home screen on the watch.
- Tap Start Workout in the Overview screen.
- Swipe through the exercises.
- To enter tracking info, tap any tracking field in the set rows, enter the number on the keypad, then tap the text on the top-left of the keypad to save and close.
- At the end of the workout, tap Complete, rate your log, add a comment and tap save.
The Home screen on the watch mirrors the iPhone version. You may see one workout from Current Plan, Next Workout, Scheduled Workout, and Received Workout.
If want to perform a workout that does not appear on the Home screen, locate and start it on your iPhone. An In Progress section on the watch displays workouts that you have started, but not yet completed.
Tap the started workout to continue performing it.
Firmly press, or Force Touch, on Home to refresh any changes that happened on your iPhone.
For example, if you received and downloaded a workout on your iPhone, firmly press Home, and tap Refresh to see the latest Received Workout appear.
Choosing any workout from Home
displays the overview screen. Here you can:
- Tap the top text bubble to view the instructions, descriptions, equipment, time, estimated calories, and intensity.
- If the workout was shared by a trainer, view their picture and personalized instructions.
- Start the workout by tapping Start.
- Preview the entire workout by tapping Preview.
- Firmly press and tap Delete Log to stop a workout and not save its log. This may be useful if you started a workout you did mean to.
After starting a workout, you can swipe through the exercises and access the following:
With the large exercise display at the top of the screen, you can scroll up and down to view sets as well as swipe forward and backward to the next or previous exercise.
Tapping any exercise name at the top will take you back to the Overview screen. To enter tracking, tap the reps or weight field and enter the number on the keypad. Tap the text on the top left to save and close.
To add a new set row, tap Add Set at the bottom of the screen.
If you have performed the exercise previously with the same number of reps, Smart History will display what weight you used and any notes. You can access that exercise's last 10 logs of History by tapping the Smart History text.
If you have received a workout and the sharer sent notes for each set, you'll see the text below the corresponding set row.
To start the Rest Timer, tap the exercise image. If the exercise you are viewing is a timed exercise, then tapping the exercise image will start the Set Timer.
Firmly Press in the Exercise Viewer to:
- Edit Rest Timer: Change the default rest time for the workout.
- Start Rest Timer: If the exercise is timed, Start Rest Timer displays and allows you to toggle between the Set Timer and the Rest Timer.
- Delete Last Set: Deletes the last set row for the current exercise.
- Note: Prompts you to pick a set and leave a note that will show up in History for that set row. You can either pick one of the pre-made notes or tap the microphone to use Siri.
Rest and Set Timer Notifications
If you have allowed Workouts notifications on your iPhone, the Rest and Set timers that you start on the watch will play the sound on your watch, and vibrate on your iPhone if it is locked at the end of the timer.
Swiping past the very last exercise will show the End of Workout screen with the workout timer running and the Complete button.
Tap Complete to end the workout.
After a workout is completed, you can rate the workout, and add a workout comment using pre-filled choices, or make a custom one with Siri.
If the workout you are completing was shared to you from a trainer, the Notifying Trainer screen and your log will sync back to their account for review.
Tap Save at the bottom to save your log and view your workouts per week.
Receiving and Notifications
The quickest way to receive a workout and perform it is to tap the Receive button when you get the notification on your watch. It will download the workout to your iPhone, and take you to the watch Home screen, where the latest Received Workout appears at the top.
If you disabled notifications, you need to first download the workout on your iPhone, before it can display on the Home screen.
Viewing Edited Workouts
If you are performing a workout on your watch and need to make edits in Builder before continuing, it is easier to do on your phone. Your iPhone displays the workout you are performing on your watch in the Continue Tracking area on the Home screen.
Glance displays the first item from the Home screen.
For example, if you are on a Fitness Plan, the next workout to perform will appear. Scheduled workouts also appear.